WELCOME TO THE MALAYSIAN IRON AND STEEL INDUSTRY FEDERATION (MISIF)
MISIF is the national industry association for manufacturers of iron and steel products. It has
149 member companies involved in the manufacture of:
· Raw and semi-finished products such as billets and blooms
· Rolled products of iron and steel such as bars, wire rods, HR coils, CR coils and plates
· Wire and wire products
· Flat steel products including
- pipes, tubes and fitting
- galvanized and coated sheets
- roofing shetts, wall cladding and drums
· Engineering and fabricated products, including boiler and pressure vessels.
· Iron and steel casting, die casting
As an industry organization, a primary function of MISIF is to assist and support members in
carrying out their business efficiently and successfully. As such, MISIF supports the
membership in the following activities:
· Representation to Government on relevant issues of concerns, primarily those relating to
policies on the steel industry;
· Dissemination of information through seminars, workshops, circulars and publications;
· Consultation with members on issues as requested by Government or other authorities;
· Business promotion for members;
· Human Resource development and training courses.
Ø See our activities and work for the Malaysian and ASEAN Steel industry.
Ø Contact our members for your steel products and other business inquiries.
Ø Joining MISIF as a member
MISIF is now in discussions with MITI towards the development of a “Malaysian Steel Institute”which the Government, in principle, is agreeable to providing funds for set-up. The setting up of the institute will propel the Malaysian steel industry to a new level and would also support MISIF in streamlining its activities. MISIF has developed the concept for the institutes and the papers had been submitted to MITI.